QuickMenu Creation

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Planning for The Summer

My summer starts this Sunday, May 13th.  On that day I finally get to move back home from a long year of being a Junior and an Resident Assistant at Rowan University.  I look forward to this summer because this is the first summer I will be working for myself.  After nearly 6 years since creating my first blog and website my endeavors online are finally going to be making me some money.  I remember reading many years ago that making a living online does not happen over night, despite whatever anyone else tells you.  So here is what is going on this summer at DJLProjects:

  1. Social Media Strategist for GadgetAccessory.com
    • Don't drop your phone in the toilet.  Check the weather before you go for your run.  Don't bring your phone to the pool.  Leave your tablet out of the kitchen.  Because water and other liquids are trying to ruin your gadgets everywhere you go.  GadgetAccessory.com is here to protect you. They have waterproof bags and cases for every device and every need.  Protect your phone, your music players, your tablets and your stuff with GadgetAccessory.com.
    • As a Social Media strategist for this awesome waterproof product website it is my job to best position the website and brand online.  I manage their Twitter account, Pinterest profile, Facebook page, Google+ page, and YouTube channel.  My main focus is YouTube.  I believe YouTube is the best social media website for businesses to date.  Check out my reasons on Socially Mediated.
  2. Video Editor for the Entrepreneurs of the Rohrer College of Business at Rowan University
    • One of my majors at Rowan University is Radio/TV/Film production so it is about time I put my knowledge to good use.  I will be editing packages together for the Entrepreneurship students featuring their business idea pitches.  They will be using my finished videos to send to future employers.  A lot is riding on how good I make these videos look.
  3. AudioCollege
    • Finally.  I am officially releasing AudioCollege, my most ambitious music related project online to-date.  AudioCollege is an interactive video tutorial website for everything audio.  You can watch what I have made so far on AudioCollege's YouTube channel.  This is going to revolutionize how how-to videos are made and viewed.
  4. Rising Artists International is Coming Back!
    • You heard right.  My most successful online venture yet is coming back full swing this summer. The internet's best place for free music promotion is returning.  After nearly two years in hibernation RAI it is time to give some really awesome artists around the world some time in the spotlight.  Since closing its doors two years ago I have received over 250 requests to be added to the website upon its return.  Even in its absence the name gets around.  I look forward to finally start working on this again.
So a lot is going on this summer.  And this is just my work stuff.  Wait till you hear about what I am doing for fun!  The main thing is I am going to Las Vegas for the Electric Daisy Carnival!  I will be blogging about it the whole time too so you can all come with me, kind of.  You'll meet my friends JJ, D, and Lamar, the three ravers I'll be going with.  We leave May 31st for a week-long cross country road trip, the 3 day carnival starts June 8th, and on June 12th we head home.

This is going to be a crazy summer and I cannot wait any longer!  May 13th needs to get here already... Oh crap!  I didn't get anything for Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment