QuickMenu Creation

Monday, May 21, 2012

What I Interneted: The 9-5 Guide To Staying Active

Zenhabits.net - Find simplicity in the daily chaos of our lives.


The article is full of tips on how to stay physically active during the work hours of the day, in the office, or even at home for those of you lucky enough to work at home.  Yes, you must stay active at home too.  In fact, at home is when most of us are least active.  The main message of the article is that any movement is better than no movement.  Which is very true.

This is going to be my first summer home from school where I will be working from home.  While I am excited it means sitting at my desk all day working on AudioCollege, GadgetAccessory.com, Rising Artists International, and DJL Projects.  I am the President of the Rowan Parkour and Freerunning Club this year I cannot be seen sitting at a desk all day.  I have to keep myself active to stay in top shape for next year.  So this article really interested me for that reason.  And it will be appeal you because nearly everyone wants to improve themselves physically.  As Leo Babauta says in the article "Remember, lastly, that exercise doesn’t have to be difficult. It doesn’t demand three hours in the gym or long, sleepless nights on the treadmill, but it does ask you, now, to take an interest in your well-being, and to take small, steady steps toward improving your health."  You do not need a gym membership to be healthy and this article further proves it.

The 9-5 Guide to Staying Active also introduced me to a program called the Hundred Pushups program.  I am excited to try this out.  I have heard it worked from many sources but it is time to try it myself.  The program is designed to enable the user after a month to perform 100 consecutive push ups - a goal of mine for sometime.  I will be writing about my experience with the Hundred Pushup program next month when I am finished and hopefully cranking out 100 perfect form pushups in one sitting.  You can follow my progress on my Twitter Profile: Geistsoul13.  I also shared the Hundred Pushup program with the rest of the members of RUPK (Rowan Parkour), we will see how they do.

Thanks for Reading,

DJL
http://www.djlprojects.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment